The Malefactor Type-2 is the upgraded (i.e. advanced) version of the Malefactor Type-1 stealth ship. Costing 45,000 merits, the Malefactor Type-2 has more engines (gaining 1 extra engine slot), greater electronic warfare capability (1 extra computer slot, and a stronger firewall), as well as greater hull points, greater speed and acceleration, and more power than the Malefactor Type-1. It is only able to use the equipment that is unique to the stealth ship (i.e. weapons, hull, engines and computer) items but otherwise uses the regular consumables (i.e. ammunition, missiles) that other strikes use.
It should be noted that the Malefactor is unable to equip transponder arrays, nor is it able to fire nuclear missiles nor nuclear torpedoes from its launchers.
Update 53 saw changes made to this ship:
- Removed one Launcher Slot
- 'Stealth' role ability cannot be used in low-level sectors anymore (threat level below 12)
- 'Stealth' role ability now triggers its cooldown when turned off
- Coupled RCS Ducting are limited to 2 per ship
- Fast-Loading Missile Racks are limited to 1 per ship
- Heavy missiles:
- removed chance for critical hits;
- increased max damage from 500 to 750; and
- reduced cool down by 30%.
- Improved maneuverability for interceptor missiles
- Carbon Composite Hull cool down bonus increased from 11% to 23% at max
- Carbon Composite Hull Hull Point penalty reduced from 10% to 7.5% at max
- 20mm Autocannon Power Point Cost reduced from 2.5 to 2
- 11.7mm Machine Gun Power Point Cost reduced from 1.6 to 1.4
- Flechette Gun Power Point Cost increased from 4 to 4.5
- Reduced damage high on Flechette Gun by 20%
- EMP Mine Energy Drain increased
- EMP Mine effect duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds.
"The Type-2 Malefactor is a second generation stealth fighter. While the initial combat performance of the Malefactor showed promise, the harassment of the Cylon fleet by Admiral Cain and the Pegasus prompted the Cylons to expand on the combat capabilities of the Malefactor. The Type-2 Malefactor builds on the Type-1's capabilities adding a missile launcher hard point and improved engines for speed and maneuverability."
Tips, Hints and SuggestionsEdit