The Advanced Raven Mark IV-R/A is advanced version of the Colonial Raven Mark VI-R stealth ship. Costing 45,000 merits, the Advanced Raven has more engines (gaining 1 extra engine slot), greater electronic warfare capability (1 extra computer slot, and a stronger firewall), as well as greater hull points, greater speed and acceleration, and more power than the regular Raven Mark VI-R. It is only able to use the equipment that is unique to the stealth ship (i.e. weapons, hull, engines and computer) items but otherwise uses the regular consumables (i.e. ammunition, missiles) that other strikes use.
It should be noted that the Raven is unable to equip transponder arrays, nor is it able to fire nuclear missiles nor nuclear torpedoes from its launchers.
Update 53 saw changes made to this ship:
- Removed one Launcher Slot
- 'Stealth' role ability cannot be used in low-level sectors anymore (threat level below 12)
- 'Stealth' role ability now triggers its cooldown when turned off
- Coupled RCS Ducting are limited to 2 per ship
- Fast-Loading Missile Racks are limited to 1 per ship
- Heavy missiles:
- removed chance for critical hits;
- increased max damage from 500 to 750; and
- reduced cool down by 30%.
- Improved maneuverability for interceptor missiles
- Carbon Composite Hull cool down bonus increased from 11% to 23% at max
- Carbon Composite Hull Hull Point penalty reduced from 10% to 7.5% at max
- 20mm Autocannon Power Point Cost reduced from 2.5 to 2
- 11.7mm Machine Gun Power Point Cost reduced from 1.6 to 1.4
- Flechette Gun Power Point Cost increased from 4 to 4.5
- Reduced damage high on Flechette Gun by 20%
- EMP Mine Energy Drain increased
- EMP Mine effect duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds.
"After the 1st Cylon War, scavengers and pirates were a constant problem for the Colonial Armed Forces. Engaging these criminals was difficult because they kept their jump drives primed if any police or military forces arrived. When Colonial forces arrived on the scene the criminals would jump away. To counter these tactics, the Admirals deployed the Raven as a deep-strike stealth fighter that could identify and engage the pirates. Hoping to improve the firepower of the Raven, the pilots aboard the Battlestar Agamemnon had their deck crew field modify the Raven with an additional launcher hard point. The effectiveness of this modification was picked up by Coronis Dynamics, and the Raven Mk IV-R/A field modification kit created to upgrade the Raven for anti-piracy operations."
Tips, Hints and SuggestionsEdit